Sunday 26 November 2017

Oral presentation reflection

My team, claustrophobia, had a formal oral presentation and I feel that we have presented quite well. Before the presentation, we had a few rehearsal, and everything goes well. But during the actual presentation, but there is some minor issue that came up.

During the actual presentation, I am so nervous that after the first few words, my mind suddenly went blank. To recover myself, I quickly close my eye and took a deep breath. After recovering, I blurred out everything quickly, hoping to get over with it fast. As I spill everything out, I notice that I am just reciting the script I memorized and sound monotonous. But it is better than my past presentation during my polytechnic life. Since I have always been presenting by reading off the slide as I kept being so nervous that I forgot everything I have to say.

In my slide, there are no pictures and words are kept to the minimum, so it would solely rely on my speaking to deliver the ideas to the audience. But due to me being too nervous, I did not realise if I delivered the ideas correctly.

In overall, the team did well as the flow from the start to the end is smooth. I felt that I have improved a lot since the last presentation, thanks to my group giving me advice during the rehearsals.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Xue Le!

    I am glad that you have pulled through the actual presentation, as I know that you can be nervous in times like this. However, I feel that you have done a pretty good job in staying composed and having eye contact with your audience which is a plus point! Just take note and remember to speak slowly, it is always important to let your audience digest what you are saying, and have them to gain as much as possible from your presentation!

    I do have the same problem as you as I also memorised my script and it turn out to be less than enthusiatic. I hope we can work together on this in future. And yes, it is also important to make our slides as informative and interactive as possible! Till then, all the best for exams!

    Best regards,
    Jieming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, XueLe, for documenting the OP experience here with some detail. You are open and honest about the weaknesses of your part of the presentation. Clearly, you have made strides in terms of confidence, and this showed in your willingness to do the showcase.
    I really appreciate the hard work and your willingness to leave your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

Technical report edit

EDITS ARE IN BOLD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY EDIT This proposal describes a research project carried out by Claustrophobic. The proposal cons...