Thursday 30 November 2017

Critical reflection

At the beginning of the trimester, I envisioned to achieve the goal of improving my writing and oral capabilities. However, by the end of the module, I have reaped more than I have expected. Firstly, my grammatical structure has improved as I have learned how to execute them in my blog write-ups properly. Regarding the format of reader response, technical report and letter, this module has taught me on the proper steps to formulate and cohesively use it. Other than brushing up on my writing skills, I have learned to communicate in a more outspoken manner. By going through interactive sessions conducted in the class, it gave me an opportunity to hone my expressiveness as well as my cohesively in conversing with others.

We are required to work in groups to find an engineering problem, come up with a solution to solve it and write a technical report. To prove that the problem does exist, we have to research for evidence, but our findings were limited. There were times where we found out that some sources were unreliable. Because our project problem is about the uneven distribution in the train of Singapore, there isn't any article related to the problem. Therefore, our group had to turn to reports in another country to back out our findings. From the project, I have managed to know more about my group mates. We cooperate with each other and even willing to take up the additional task given. Some of us doesn't have much confidence in doing the oral presentation, but we have rehearsed a lot of time and gave each other review. Through that, we managed to improve ourselves.

Overall, this module has empowered me with the necessary skills to formulate a proper write-up as well as communicate with my fellow peers. Even though my nature was found to be more on the introverted spectrum, I had managed to break out of it, with the aid of my peers.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Xue Le,

    I am glad that we actually had the courage to accept Professor Brad's invitation to present during the showcase. We might still be hiding in our shell if we had to accepted his invitation. We definitely took a great leap out of our comfort zone. But it is the only way for us to improve on ourselves. Let us strive to achieve more during our time in SIT.

    Cheers,

    Zhouzhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Xue Le, for this fairly well focused and detailed reflection. You discuss what you did in the module to good effect. It would also be good to share how what you did and what you felt will impact your future communication efforts. In any case, I wish you the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete

Technical report edit

EDITS ARE IN BOLD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY EDIT This proposal describes a research project carried out by Claustrophobic. The proposal cons...